Veterinary Careers in Hattiesburg, MS
Veterinary Careers at Town and Country Animal Hospital
Are you looking for a career with a future? Love animals and people? Then start your career in veterinary services at Town and Country Animal Hospital. A career at TCAH will take you places.
Why you’ll love this job.
At TCAH, you will spend your days around compassionate people making a difference in the lives of animals and people.
TCAH is a busy three doctor practice seeking a veterinary receptionist to work four days a week, approximately 10 hour shifts. This is a full-time position with benefits available. We are looking for qualities such as a strong work ethic, attention to detail and versatility to multi-task. This position will be primarily involve handling multi-line phones and providing exceptional customer service to our valued clients.
Other job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Establishing and maintaining client relationships. Clients like to be recognized as they walk in the door.
- Scheduling appointments, processing payments, and maintaining medical records using our Avimark practice management software.
- Organizing and filing medical records and charts.
- Providing communication support to our doctors.
- Assisting in processing and refilling veterinary prescriptions
- Acting as a team to keep our clinic neat and clean.
Are you passionate about providing exceptional care to pets and their pet parents? Town and Country Animal Hospital has 4-exam rooms, a fully equipped surgery suite, and the latest in technology waiting to be utilized. A successful candidate will be client-centric, have a deep appreciation for the human-animal bond pet parents have with their pets, and will be passionate about giving back to and building a relationship with the local community. We are located in West Hattiesburg, an extremely diverse district. We are known as “Hub City” due to our proximity to the most engaging cities of the area (New Orleans, Mobile, Gulfport, and Jackson). For a look into more information, visit https://www.visithburg.org/
- Practice veterinary medicine that is focused on client/patient centered approach to care.
- Promote and practice top-quality preventative care.
- Serve as a role model for our support staff.
- Properly use and maintain all center equipment.
- Contribute to a positive and collaborative working environment.
- Professional licensure in good standing with the applicable state veterinary board.
- 2+ years of clinical experience preferred.
- Interest in practicing exotic medicine
- Strong interpersonal and client communication skills.
- Consumer-centric mindset with ability to bring, build, and retain a strong client base.
- Strong interest in use of technology to enhance the practice of veterinary medicine
- Highly collaborative and ability to handle ambiguity/learn on the fly
While veterinary technician certification is beneficial, it is not a requirement for application. Preference will be given to applicants with at least one year of experience as a veterinary technician with proficiency in venipuncture; animal restraint and handling; diagnostic execution including blood machines, urinalysis, and radiology; experience with surgical monitoring; and urinary and intravenous catheter placement. We are a flexible workplace and encourage a family atmosphere with an appreciation for work/life balance.